Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm here!!!



So after a long time spent worrying about how I was going to actually get to Dubai (due to delays coming out of Chicago), I finally made. Granted, I had to stay in a really shady hotel in New York and lug all of my worldly possessions across the entire JFK airport, but I made it. I was flying Emirates Airlines and the service could not have been better once I got on the plane. It was a new Boeing 777 Dreamliner. One of the newest airplanes in service right now. Good times.


As expected, it was really hard to leave. I think that after all of the hoopla about leaving and what a great idea this would be, there was definitely a realization that the "implementation phase" would be the hard part. Actually getting on the plane and leaving was really tough.


I have stayed really busy since I have gotten here. Went to the beach, hung out by the pool, grocery shopping (I couldn't find deodorant anywhere!). My company also had a great party when I arrived. We went out on a catamaran and sailed out by the Palm Islands and had a barbecue. It was a lot of fun. The people in the office are really nice and have all been in my situation, so it is nice to have them to lean on when I need to.


I hope that you are all doing well. The attached pictures are on the beach and the view from my balcony (taken with my Blackberry, so not great quality). I hope that you enjoy them! Write back!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

We are glad you made it after crossing many "ponds" to get there. We are very happy for you and we will be saving up to one day visit you. Either way, let us know when you are back for the holidays. We are very PROUD and excited for you! Way to go Mike! Have fun (but still get some work done) and write often.
:) Jackie and Chris

littlemt said...

Hey man. Is that pool giving you the thumbs up?