Sunday, March 2, 2008

My first day at work...


...was great! We had a great meeting with our team and I learned a lot about their working styles and the vision for this year. Very exciting stuff. I think that this adventure is going to be a great learning opportunity. I have attached a picture from the office window (it is kind of fuzzy because I took it with my Blackberry and the window is very dirty!). The main road is called Shaikh Zayed Road. That road is kind of like the strip in Vegas! That is where everything is located. The two big buildings are called Emirates Towers. That is where (get this) "His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai"'s office is located (imagine his business cards and name plate on the outside of the door!). That is kind of being across the street from the White House. You can also see the concrete "track" that will make up part of the new "MetroRail" system. I thought that I had left the "El" in Chicago! I hope that you are all doing well. More soon...

No comments: